-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kevin Rock
Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2006 4:23 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Field Day at Home

Kevin said:

>Good Afternoon,

>I took Wayne's advice and had a little fun during Field Day.  I did want
>to work with other folks for a change but ...

Kevin,

The same thing happened here.  We had a credible threat of serious
thunderstorms for the whole period, which did not develop at all.  I don't
blame the folks for being careful, but it would have been nice to have a
back-up plan.  So I wound up operating 1D from my basement.  I made about 40
to 50 Q's on 80, 40 and 15.  At least we gave some other hardy souls someone
to talk to during the fray.  I'm sure they appreciated our contacts.

>Around here you have to be careful if you mention the mode.
>Too many folks are adamantly opposed to its use or even
>its existence.  I had no idea of the depth of feeling until I mentioned
>how much fun I had running CW.  I was never again welcome at that club!

Complete dolts, Kevin.  Even if none of them cared for CW, why would they
act like that?
I'll bet if you got to know them, you'd discover a number of even more
disturbing character traits.
You don't need to be hanging with a crowd like that.

Next year, I'll have my own "back-up plan".

Regards,

Vin  KR2F
K1-4 s/n: 1977
KX1 s/n: 1476 (under construction)