I reported problems with the TX Calibration failing for 6m only.  Several
offered ideas and suggestions.

The problem turned out to have been described in earlier conversations and
"the fix" described by Trinity, WE6R, and Howard, K6IA.

Ken, K3IU, pointed me to conversations which indicate that the IF Trap
circuit, L10 and C10 on the KAT3 board, had probably failed.  Ken removed
both components and replaced them with a jumper.  The TX Calibration test
now passes with flying colors.  Problem solved!

At some point after the board went into production, it was decided that this
circuit is not necessary.  Therefore removing it has no negative effect and
is "the fix" for TX Calibration failure for at least single band 6m only
failure.  I do not know about any relationship with failure on other bands.

The radio is now fully operable.  It is not obvious what, if any, hardware
mods have been made to this radio over the years.

Jim

N1NK