I've always put a bit of heat sink compound on the rectifier unit before mounting it to the bottom plate.    I've found several power supplies where the bridge rectifier assembly failed and upon removal, there was no heat sink compound.   Add a new bridge assembly and some heat sink compound resolved the issues.   Never had one come back.

73

Bob, K4TAX