I took my First Phone exam at the Seattle FCC office in the early 70's.
You had to pass the elements for the 2nd before they would administer the
first class elements. I distinctly remember a schematic of a mobile power
supply with various questions on the test I had.

The thread reminded me that a bunch of students from a local broadcast
school came in just before we started and announced that they were there
to take "the test". The proctor asked "which test?" and they immediately
went in to panic mode. After several phone calls they determined it was
the 3rd class radiotelephone.  ;-)

de K7KG

> The time of which sI peak was in the mid-1950s. As I vaguely remember
there was study material that prepared you to be a knowledgeable ham.
There was also a big book that prepared you technically to be a radio
station engineer. At a later time there was a one-day cram course to
prepare you for the exam for first phone. Before my time if you had a
radiotelephone certificate you had to have a certain amount of

Message delivered to puck...@seanet.com