On 4/25/2020 8:21 PM, Bob McGraw K4TAX wrote:

> Here is what I did to remedy the situation.    I obtained two 10-32 x 2"
> brass screws from the hardware store.  I got 4 nuts, 2 for each screw, 4
> flat washers, 2 for each screw and two wing nuts.   I then cut the head
> off of each screw and filed a flat spot about 1/2 " long and deep enough
> to removed the threads.

I fixed my brand-new Astron SS-50M a bit differently.  One set screw on
the connection block was seized up, so Astron sent me two new blocks
with instructions to open the case and replace them.  When I opened the
case I saw that the leads to the blocks had ring terminals held to the
blocks by a short screw.  I removed the existing blocks and replaced
them with 10-32 x 2" brass screws.  I used two short plates of ABS from
TAP Plastics to serve as insulated spacers (one inside the case and one
outside the case) and drilled the appropriate holes to permit the screws
to be held  through the case with appropriate nuts and washers.  The
leads to my power distribution board) are AWG 6 terminated in standard
electrical lugs held by massive set-screws and are fastened onto the
screws by appropriate nuts.  If I have to remove them I keep a Spintite
(nut driver) nearby.  Works great so far!

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon