Welcome, Tommy,

Since you use the list in "digest mode" please delete all but the most relevant parts of the message, or we get it all again (and it will all be repeated in the next digest!)

I'm sure you'll get lots of help, but Amateur Radio is such a diverse hobby that you'll get wildly different answers depending on what you like.

For example, the K4 is going to be amazing, but it's the wrong radio if you like to go hiking and operate from a major hilltop somewhere.

Ask me about the best CW rig, and I'll just shrug. Start talking about digital modes and I'll have useful comments.

73 -- Lynn, WB6UUT