Hi Tommy,

If you're interested in field operating -- Field Day, mini-DXpeditions, HFpack,
etc. -- you might consider a KX3 or KX2. The KX2 is my personal go-to radio for
all of these activities because it's so small (half the size of the KX3) while
still putting out up to 10 W from its internal battery. Both rigs have
wide-range ATUs built-in so you can just toss a wire in a tree. They also have
attached keyer paddles.

The KX2 also has a built-in mic (you can use our MH3 with either rig). I use
mine HT-style with an AX1 whip, and have worked all over the world this way
while hiking (/PM, or Pedestrian Mobile). It's a challenge, but that's half the
fun with QRP (low-power operating).

You can use either rig as a 100 W home station, when desired, by adding a
KXPA100 amp (and optional KXAT100 ATU module). The KX3 also has an optional
panadapter (PX3).

We designed these rigs to be extremely flexible...hand-held, trailside, bike,
mobile, or home station.

Wayne
N6KR