On 5/1/2020 10:15 AM, Joe K2UF wrote:

> I remember the examiner called me to his desk after the cw test.  He
> had my copy folded to show one character and asked me to identify the
> character.  I told him what I had copied and he told me I had passed.

ht happened quite often.  I used to announce "up front" that if I cannot
read it you cannot receive credit for it, but usually I bent over
backwards to pass the examinee.

> I think he just wanted to see a scared kid sweat a little more.

Paraphrasing what one of my mentors once said "do not attribute evil
motives on the part of the examiner to the shortcomings on the part of
the examinee".   Being scared of the examiner was one of the rites of
passage that really had no foundation in reality.
> The good old days

For sure.

--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane