For those interested in CW contesting and some slower
speed operators (at least guys who will QRS) try the
NAQCC Sprints once a month:
http://www.arm-tek.net/~yoel/contests.html

State QSO parties sometimes have a bit more QRS
activity as well.

I always QRS if it sounds like I need to, it saves on
repeats and keeps to guy trying to copy you from
getting too frustrated. I know some of the contest
folks refuse to go under 30WPM.

Depending on what you're trying to do in a contest,
(win is definitely one of the top reasons hihi)
slowing down, or even having a QSO, goes a long way
keeping anti-contest sentiment down and maybe even
recruiting a new contester.

I wish the old "Novice RoundUp" was still around...

73,
Julius
n2wn