Three field days ago, I was getting frustrated with all of the fast cw myself.
after about midnight local, when the initial rush had settled down, I tuned to
the upper edge of 40 cw (~7060), found an open spot and started calling at
about 10-13 wpm. It took about 15 min. to get a first reply, then for the next
hour or so I had all but a slow code pile up. Did the same for fd 2005. This
year, our club had a new cw op that was doing his best at about 5wpm. He
couldnt get in edgewise at first, but we tried the same technique, and got him
his first cw qsos -(on a K1 at that)
You might try that technique for fd 2007. Maybe we could start a trend.
-Pete

Pete Axson
WD4LST
17901 NE 18th Ave