Hi,

I want to control my SteppIR (SDA 100 controller) with my K3s.

I have a P3 as well, so can use the RS232 connection at the P3.

An RS-232 "sniffer" (or Y cable) has been made and works OK.

FA, FB and IF words coming from the K3s can been seen when I start Wintest
or my home-made FA/FB-generator.exe.

I can also decode those (frequency) words correctly with an Arduino (which
is used to slave an FT847 to the K3).

So the Y cable works OK and frequency information is present.

The Y cable is connected to the SDA 100 Data IN, radio port, points 2 (RXD)
and 5 (ground)

SDA 100 setting is :

Mode :  Kenwood (in accordance with SteppIR instructions)

Din 19200

Dout 19200

Baud rate both P3 and Wintest = 19200

No Autotracking of the SteppIR occurs, changing baud rates makes no
difference.

The RS232 convertor inside the SDA100 works OK.

The MAX202 converts the data at RS232 level correctly to 0- 5V levels.

I am a bit out of options.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction?

73 Henk

PA0C