Tommy,

Please understand something about the K4 and availability - this is a rig that was announced this time last year (at Dayton Hamvention), that was still under design and development. At that time, I believe they anticipated the ship date to be in time for the 2019 holidays. Then, the testers found some things that needed correcting, which pushed the ship date out a couple of months. Then, COVID-19 hit, we all went into shelter-in-place, Elecraft had issues getting parts, and the work slowed down. And Eric and Wayne have been up front about explaining all this to us. But, the key here is that this transceiver is ground-breaking new technology. It is a brand-new product still under development, a process that was delayed largely due to world events beyond anyone's control.

There were similar delays (save for the global pandemic :-) ) and similar complaints when the KX3 was released several years ago. A new product will not always meet the time lines the developers initially anticipate and announce. But, Eric and Wayne have said repeatedly in this forum, and in the newsletter, that they have product in their other lines available to ship. If you are concerned about your order, please email sa...@elecraft.com. The wonderful sales team will tell you what's in stock and what isn't. While I haven't ordered anything during the current pandemic, I have never had a problem with product I ordered being out of stock or back-ordered.

But, the long and the short here is that I wouldn't be concerned about product availability. Pay attention to the K4 conversation, but take it with a grain of salt, especially in these unique times.

As someone else posted here earlier, I'm waiting for the K4 kit to come out before I order mine (probably a K4-HD). I also know it will probably be at least another year before the kit versions become available. But, I can wait. In the meantime, I finally have some time to really get to know the KX2 I've had for nearly 18 months, and I will continue enjoying my K3-based K-Line (K3, P3, KAT500, KPA500).

73 de,

Ian, NV4C