If you have operated FD recently (past multiple decades), you know there are
NOT enough stations operating during those "extra" three hours to make it
worth while.  Of course, if you have plenty of beer and ice, I guess you
could stay at the rig until there isn't anyone else left to work.  That
could be past 2100 UTC since, it appears, many don't read the rules/FAQ.

By 1800 UTC, I am ready to stop operating, have a (one) beer, tear down, and
listen to CW coming from the swamp cooler at home.  I guess I won't need to
tear down this year since I'll enter in Category E, probably.  I will still
hear the CW in the swamp cooler.  The average life span for any "permanent"
setup in my station is approximately 24 hours or until I read the next
Elecraft Digest.  I suppose that won't qualify for set-up time in Category
E.  Wait!  I need to check the rules!

73, Bill, K8TE

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/