On 6/13/2020 12:11 PM, kevinr wrote:

> The tool I use for this third method of data protection is a command
> built into Linux but available to Windows and Mac users too.

My regular backup program is NovaBACKUP PC from NovaStor.  It is a
commercial program that I have been using for many years on all my
computers, making a daily incremental backup  and a weekly full backup
using external drives for storage of the compressed files.  It has a GUI
that permits restoration (both overwrite and write elsewhere) of files
and folders.  It has saved my backsplash several times in the recent
past.    There is a linux version called NovaBACKUP Data Center that is
distro-independent.  (No, I don't own stock in NovaStor.)

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

>From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon