Hi

I have a K3 running through a KPA500.

I had a QSO and the guy told me my audio was horrific.

The only way I made it acceptable for him and others was dropping my
Compression and Mic gain to much lower values, that is 10 for each.

I know I have a low tone in my voice, so I expected the Compression to be much
higher, but they say it causes a howling sound on their side.

Furthermore, when using the KPA500 for say 300 W PEP I set the PWR to 20 watts.
This has the effect that there is basically no deflection on the RF bar scale.

In fact, I can set it to 80 without deflection.

Is there some way to get these values recalibrated? I have tried two different
MH2 microphones without any difference.

Thanks

Robin

OZ6ABM/5P5R