Internal oscillation suppressed by higher drive level?  What does it do in operate with zero drive?

On 6/16/2020 11:25 AM, Ed G wrote:
[This message came from an external source. If suspicious, report to
ab...@ilstu.edu<mailto:ab...@ilstu.edu>]

Hi Adrian,
      Yes, I also substituted a new piece of coax of different length going
right from the K3 to the KPA1500 input…same SWR anomaly still observed.
--Ed, N3CW—

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Adrian
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 11:09 AM
To: Ed G; Larry (K8UT); elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA1500 Operation on 6 Meters

Just curious to see if you have tried a different length jumper (coax
patch lead between radio & amp) to see if you get the same result  ?

On 17/6/20 12:09 am, Ed G wrote:
This morning I put my DL2K dummy load right on the KPA1500 amp output (tried
both ANT1 and ANT2)…I am still seeing the same SWR anomaly, where lower drive
levels are giving high SWR readings on the KPA1500 display.  By putting the
dummy load right at the KPA1500 output, I eliminated a bunch of coax cables and
switchboxes.

So at this point the issue appears to be one internal to the KPA1500.  Also
appears to be not related to any previously-known high power RF causes, as in
my case the problem is there at low drive levels and goes away at maximum
drive/RF out.  So I remain puzzled.