I've had the amp and tuner for more than two years so I know about their RF
sensing. It works well when I'm changing bands with the intent of
transmitting.   However, as I said, that does not work when I am
changing bands on the rig to listen to different bands or scanning
different bands. If I am on 75M and want to check the conditions on 20M I
can't simply select 20M or a 20M memory and listen.  I have to transmit so
the KT500 will select the correct antenna.  If I'm not on a memorized
frequency in a KAT500 "bin" it will start tuning, taking up even more
time.

I'm looking for a solution that presets the KPA500 band, the KAT500 band,
and the KAT500 antenna without transmitting.  I believe an Elecraft
transceiver connected to the KPA500 and KAT500 can do that.

Ken
WA2LBI