I have had all three leading consumer brands of alkaline batteries leak, and
several of the industrial size we use at work.   The enemies of all alkaline
cells are heat and moisture, and time.

A number of all types of alkaline cells have reversed polarity in a string
of series cells, usually of AA size.

Keeping your portable dry cell powered gear in an insulated beer cooler, or
similar protection while in the hot car, or outdoors may prolong the battery
life.

Expensive things like antenna analyzers require one to proactively check the
cells from time to time, and take them out if not using the equipment for a
prolonged period.

Stuart
K5KVH