Good Evening,

   A few days of sun helped warm things up.  Morning clouds retreat to the beach faster each day.  The temperature rose to 70 degrees at least twice.  Summer may have arrived in my corner of Oregon.  The adult gray jays are getting rare.  The immature crop has taken over the food detail.  The hummingbirds are busy too.

Two days ago it was clear until after dusk.  I walked to the south (up the mountain) to get a clear horizon over the trees.  I may have seen the comet but then the haze came in.  A long dust tail, but no head nor ion tail.  Tonight I may have better luck; haze will roll in but hopefully an hour later.  I would like a chance at a dark sky.  This time I am walking north into an area of thinning right next to a clear cut.  I should have a good view below the Big Dipper.

A few proto-sunspots appeared and vanished quickly.  The auroral oval has grown again, though it is still not very strong.  We are past the deepest part of the minimum.  Most of the tiny sunspots cropping up and dissipating are from cycle 25.  By next summer we should have activity.  Propagation for next year's field day should be better too.  Hopefully we can get out and celebrate it again.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

_