The reading I've done says only one radial is required; that the 'favoring' in the direction of the radial is not enough to be worried about; that there is no cancellation from opposing (or just more) radials.  I have used a single radial ground plane and found this to be true (at 6' over dirt on 80M).  It favors a morning net 800 miles away, yet worked DX in any other direction easily (then I moved to a rotating dipole at 60' which beats it out).  That ground plane easily beat out a horizontal dipole I used before them all (fixed, in the 'wrong' angle because of tree location).

Both the radiator and radial are tuned (equally), but the angle of difference from dipole to the traditional 90 deg ground plane will cause the resistance to vary (roughly 72 ohms as a dipole, dropping to ~50 ohms when at 90 degrees),  So if another angle is chosen (inverted Y), to match a 50 ohm feedline (to have a 1:1 SWR), the element lengths are adjusted equally until that match is made; altering the resonance of the wires (maximum transfer of energy).  And inverted Y antenna would be between that 50-72 ohm range, still acceptably low SWR to not mess with.

Which again, is not a significant variance, so put it up, try it out and compare to other antennas.  Wire is cheap enough to play with and try things out.

Modeling will demonstrate the pattern and 'take off' angles quite clearly; reality is often different because of local objects, ground resistance, height...

Don't forget to add a common mode current choke at the feed.

73,
Rick NK7I