The K3 can get antennas in a bewildering collection of ways. If the RX antenna switch is on -- and this was my way of getting on reception -- it might be your problem. The K3 can also send received signals out on one of the BNC connectors and expect to get them back on another.

I recommend a careful reading of the manual, perhaps in PDF form with a search for "antenna". The manual is downloadable from the Elecraft web site.

73 Bill AE6JV