Ronnie,

a few months ago I had the same problem when my K3 #1184 was on for about an hour. No RX, and no TX output. The KSYN3A synthesizer seemed to have lost contact with the rest of the K3 and it gave different error codes. The problem has finally been solved by disassembling the complete K3 and SUBRX with all of its TMP cables, and I suspect one of these cables caused the problem. An intermittent contact of the KREF3 reference oscillator could also be the cause.

73s Steef PA2A

From: Ronnie W5SUM <w5...@comcast.net>
To: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Issue

Good Morning

I purchased a used K3 a couple of weeks ago and received it last thursday. I hooked it up and it worked GREAT. Used it for SSB and CW contacts on 80M
and ssb on 10M.  Shut it down about 8pm last night. Turned it on this
morning, and it has white noise audio but receives no signals at all.
Nothing showing on the S meter either not even noise.   NO POWER OUTPUT
either.

Has anyone every seen a sudden failure like this? I'm heartbroken as I am
fearful of a astronomical repair charge from Elecraft and the person I
bought it from is offering no warranty at all and since it was used I
totally understand that part.

Thanks in advance

Ronnie W5SUM