Those using a K4 transceiver with our KPA1500 amp will have the advantage of
+/- 1 kHz resolution in VFO tracking. In many stations, this finer resolution
will result in lower SWR and improved amplifier performance, especially on the
lower bands. (The original resolution was +/- 8 kHz.)

This is part an overall upgrade of our Auxbus control interface, taking
advantage of the additional processing resources available in the K4. The
revised protocol allows for more robust RFI rejection, as well as future
enhancements to amp/tuner control.

At present only the KPA1500 supports radio type K4, but we hope to add this
capability to the KPA500 and KAT500 in the near future.

All amps and tuners will continue to support the original Auxbus protocol,
remaining 100% compatible with our existing transceivers.

73,
Wayne
N6KR