On 8/8/2020 5:15 AM, Rich NE1EE wrote:
I don't need a printed manual with my device. I think that they can look nice
and be useful, though. I do appreciate a PDF that is not write protected, so
that I can make my own notes and correct mistakes. I also appreciate a manual
that is updated regularly. I don't like trolling lists and doing web searches,
just to get vital information, and it is not a good use of employee time to be
answering such questions repeatedly. I simply save each PDF version with all
its notes, and then I can look in each version that I have.

Hi Rich,

I've also done a lot of tech writing over the years, including manuals for engineering software. Elecraft manuals are all on their website, and in my experience are pretty good. A printed copy is packed with their products. My only complaint about revisions (and there are revisions, mostly due to firmware upgrades) is that online versions should include full change logs. Each product has its own updating program, and last I looked, the only place they publish change logs, and it doesn't reference the manual. This is convenient for Elecraft, but IMO, lousy for the user.

73, Jim K9YC