Wayne,

A small group of SOTA activators were on Burley Hill, W1/MR-002, September
30th, 2012 using the SOTA Jerks club call NE1SJ. Propagation was better in
2012 and toward the end of the activation I tuned around the 10 meter band
with my KX3 looking for more contacts. Back then I was probably using a 41'
end fed wire and it wasn't very high.

I found some strong RTTY signals, apparently a contest but I don't know
which one. Remembering the KX3 could do RTTY with the paddles I quickly
figured out how to make it work (well, maybe not so 'quickly' but it didn't
take too long) and managed to work Marco, IK0YVV. I put another contact in
my SOTA log and Marco logged another contest Q.

I think there were four of us on this activation (KX1X, N1FJ, K1MAZ and
myself) and I'm sure everyone remembers working Italy on 10m RTTY, QRP that
day.

Anyway, that was my only SOTA RTTY experience with KX3 #1124. I've made
hundreds of SOTA contacts since but most are CW.

Still using my KX3, this year not many SOTA activations but it has had a
workout in FD 2019 and 2020, 2A battery, QRP.

'73...
Jim/KK1W

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/