This just happened to me. I heard a screeching whine when hitting transmit in ft8, turns out the recent update reset all my sound assignments.

73

On 8/23/2020 11:01 AM, Buck wrote:
I would suspect a Windoze update scrambled your sound assignments.  Go back and check all your settings.

k4ia, Buck
K3s# 11497
Honor Roll  8B DXCC
EasyWayHamBooks.com