After some thought the problem is simply that a 5 Watt SSB station even on a very good antenna will, as a rule, make fewer contacts than a QRP CW station in the same Group. The reason is QRM. A good CW radio like the K2 or the AT Sprint 3 have narrow bandpass which is perfect for CW. It helps you work around QRM and get a contact completed.

The SSB band is wall to wall stations and the strength of your signal matters a lot. A QRP SSB station will catch a very strong station that has cleared away the others and sneeks in and gets a contact. It is all Search and Ponce. On CW QRP I have called CQ FD and held a frequency for 30 minutes on 20 Meters.

In my opinion, QRP SSB does not work well because of QRM. So I want to be able to plan a FD with QRP CW and 150 Watt SSB in the same Group.

73 Karl