I have used APF a number of times.  Sometimes it worked, but often the ringing makes it hard to hear anything intelligible.

I have a two families of questions to hopefully remedy my problem.

1) What are the best band conditions to try APF?  Does it work under medium QSB against medium to high noise levels?  Is it better on 80, 40, or 20 meters?

2) What are the procedures to use APF on your K3, KX2, KX3, etc.?  How should I set the bandwidth of the filter I'm already using?  How do I peak the APF performance?  Does the set up change on a per band basis or does one setting fit all cases?

As I mentioned, I have gotten it to work well a few times, but usually the signal sounds buried in a hard walled well.  Then I get emails telling me how well it worked during ECN.  My interest is renewed, hence my questions.

Help?

   Kevin.  KD5ONS

-