When I lived in California, I had a 160M dipole which went up in the spring of 2013. It was almost full size, with one end hanging down about 10 feet rather than go into the tree holding that end.

I managed 47 confirmed states, missing ME, VT, and RI. I also had 14 confirmed DXCCs.

The antenna also worked reasonably well on higher bands. 15M was particularly good and I made a couple of FT8 QSOs to QC on 6M. Modeling showed a pattern with a lot of fingers instead of a single lobe. This kind of pattern made contacts more a matter of luck than of planning.

73 Bill AE6JV