I’m going to request as a non-moderator that we draw a curtain of mercy
across this thread.  Between this and the endless musing on K4
availability/ship dates/etc.,  my Delete key is getting worn out...

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 19:25 Wes <wes_n...@triconet.org> wrote:

> Not to forget winning WW1 and WWII.
>

> I remember punch cards fondly.  At Hughes I took a company-sponsored
> Fortran IV
>
> course.  I was in Tucson and the main-frame was in CA.  We would do our
> coding,
>
> punch and submit our cards, the batch would be run overnight and we would
> come
>
> in the next morning to find out how many typos we made.  I wound up dating
> one
>
> of the key punch girls, and reduced my typos to zero.
>

> Wes  N7WS
>

> On 8/29/2020 3:33 PM, Fred Jensen wrote:
>
> > The main reason Phil is that we went to the moon on International Feet
> and
>
> > Pounds [and an uncountable number of 80-column punched cards and boxes
> of
>
> > green-bar].  "If it got us to the moon, it has to be good enough for
>
> > everything else."
>

> > 73,
>

> > Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
>
> > Sparks NV DM09dn
>
> > Washoe County
>

> > PS:  I wonder how many rolls of toilet paper could have been made with
> all the
>
> > chad from those cards?

> >> The Metric Conversion Act goes back to the Ford administration in 1974
>
> >> (*).  It is enforced slightly less than the Uniform Spitting on the
>
> >> Sidewalk Act that predates it.  The main reason that we see it at all in
>
> >> the US is than manufacturers dealing in world-wide markets do not want
>
> >> to have two different production lines,

> Message delivered to r...@wc3t.us

Rich Hurd / WC3T / DMR: 3142737
Northampton County RACES, EPA-ARRL Public Information Officer for Scouting
Latitude: 40.761621 Longitude: -75.288988  (40°45.68' N 75°17.33' W) Grid:
*FN20is*