A small batch is in process to go out this week, and I'm sure Eric will post an
update.

So how about a weather report?

This past few weeks has been very difficult for California and the Bay Area in
particular. No one could have anticipated this at the beginning of the month
(remember the Ham Expo?), since fire season is usually in October. But
worst-case conditions have been brewing for some time. Thanks to drought and
record temperatures everything has become tinder-dry (10 years ago we'd get a
few winter days in the 30F range, now the lowest we ever see is 40F). Bark
beetle larvae are no longer culled during winter, turning trees into an insect
smörgåsbord. This has left forests all over the West vulnerable.

We had employees evacuated due to fires burning in or near the factory, and
many of us elsewhere were on official alert status, thinking about what to
pack. During this time the air quality has been horrendous (AQI over 200 some
days). This has temporarily upended our strategy of keeping all the doors open
to provide safe working conditions in the midst of the ongoing pandemic
(remember that?) meaning virtually everyone is working from home. My family had
to buy N95 masks just to be able to run errands. We still need them about 50%
of the time, though the firefighters are making progress.

In related news, one of our local field testers lost pretty much everything he
owned, including his K4, due to one fire's unprecedented rampage through our
coastal forests.

And still we persist.

All I can say, in the humbling face of nature, is...QRX.

73,
Wayne
N6KR