Update
I took the Balun designs 4:1 out of line and put a Dx Engineering maxi core 5kw
4:1 in its place. It tunes a little better on 160 but the KPA1500 finally
faults out and says cannot find match and shows 9:1.... better than 99:1

So I put the KPA1500 straight to a 2.5kw bird dummy load and it tunes instantly
1:1 in 160M

So this fault is with the antenna for sure

The only other Balun I have to try is a DX Engineering 6:1 which I will try in
the morning.

Failing that I will order a 1:1 feom DX Engineering

But at least I know it’s the antenna that is causing this problem

I’m going to also borrow a antenna analyzer tomorrow and see what gives.
Thanks for all the suggestions!

We will whip this yet

Ronnie w5sum

Sent from my iPhone