That is not true, except at full power.  The manual clearly states power
levels at 10:1, 5:1, and 4:1 VSWR's for different frequency ranges.

RTFM is a wonderful acronym to follow.  I'm always surprised to read "I
think..." "I recall..." and similar posts to answer a poster's question.
Most of us are U.S.A. males, no offense to those who aren't.  As such, our
DNA has been irradiated by past (not Cycle 24) solar cycles and we no long
see the need to read manuals.

A friend of mine bought an IC-7300 because he could operate it without
reading the manual.  He has since read some of the manual and uses features
that make his signal (usually weak with a 12 ft. high antenna) more
copyable.  I am working on his further conversion.

May the mask be with you!  (COVID-19)

73, Bill, K8TE

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/