I am using the same unit as Lyn (BD4116) on a center fed 250’ doublet Inverted
Vee with about 50 feet of 600 ohm open ladder line and about 15 feet of 50 ohm
coax.

The KAT500 matches all bands except 6 to 1:1. 6 is matched to 1.3:1. I have
been told by some that the hybrid unit is worthless, but I am happy with its
performance.

(However truth be known although licensed since 1965 I am a casual ham, just a
fun side hobby for me. Not a serious contest’er or DX’er.

I have a SteppIR DB-18E on a MA-770 so I use the doublet mainly on 160 & 80/75.

Cheers,
Kim - K7IM

Sent from my iPad