My seven-year-old K2 has yet to experience a phones jack problem. That might
be just luck, but I have done something a little different that might help
as well.

I use a lightweight pigtail with a plug in the K2 instead of hooking the
phones directly to the jack. I did that because my favorite phones had a
1/4" plug on the end, and I did not want to subject the jack to the stresses
involved in using an adapter stuck directly into the front panel.

Looking at any in-line adapter, it's pretty obvious that any side force on
phones end of the adapter will be increased by 10-fold (or more) inside the
jack as the plug moves slightly in the sleeve. That means that an accidental
tug on the phones wire of only an ounce or two can translate into a pound or
more of force being shoved against the mechanism inside the jack as the plug
rocks within the limits allowed by the ground sleeve. It's not much better
if a miniature phone plug with an inch-long stiff finger grip is used.

I used a miniature right-angle plug for the rig end so that if the line was
tugged, there'd be no mechanical leverage at work to increase the force on
the jack mechanism.

I don't know if that's why I still have not had to replace my phones jack
after 7 years of heavy use. Knowing how I can accidentally run out of phones
cable at times while I'm operating, it seemed a good idea to take the
precaution, Hi!

Ron AC7AC