From: John Shingara (lurch...@gmail.com)
Date: 10/05/20 10:09
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K4 Power Supply Recommendation

Hello everyone!

Like most here I am waiting for my K4.  Currently I am running the Power Werx
SS30DV from the Elecraft site for my KX3 and Kxpa100.  I was planning on buying
another for the K4 but thought I would ask opinions first.  I am assembling my
first real HF station and going the cry once route.  I would rather pay a bit
more up front and get something solid rather than saving a few bucks now only
to upgrade later.

Given what I intend to spend on the K4, I don’t want to skimp on its PS if
spending a bit more will improve performance.  My budget is let’s say $500 and
my question is would buying a bigger switching or linear PS for the K4 make
sense?  My KX3 PS has caused me no issues and if that is the way to go I am
groovy.

Thanks!
John
WB3EYB