The smoke detectors we have here are wired into the security system - no replaceable batteries - except for one which is standalone in the bedroom and was required to be added by the inspector when we built the house even with the whole house system in place. No RFI problems observed.

We do know the whole house detectors work - the security folks have called those times when we let the toast burn in the oven! I had to have one in the shop building moved because it was right over the workbench and would alarm any time I was doing fine power sanding - even though I had a dust collector running.

Thanks for the info on the 10 year units. We have replaced the standalone one 3 times in 17 years, so we are about right on a 5 year replacement schedule.

73,
Don W3FPR