Bill,

I am not certain how your other radios determine whether the microphone needs bias or not.
Yes, if you are using Icom with Icom mics, those need bias.
If you are using Kenwood or Yaesu, they do not supply bias.

The bias or not question depends on the microphone used. Elecraft allows you to use many different microphones, but you must choose between bias on or off as a result. Dynamic mics should not have bias applied.

73,
Don W3FPR