Thanks Andy.

I'm starting to get my head around this.  "Tis a pity that Elecraft didn't allow for the KPA500 to control the KAT500 via the band data bus and have an integrated Amp/Tuner combo that didn't require a proprietary interface.

The tuning solutions are in the tuner memory so telling it, or letting it measure, the frequency recalls them.

Wes