Have you only tried the AX1 or have you tried the BNC binding post with two
wires connected to it? I've tested my KX2 by painter's taping the antenna
wire to my ceiling and running the counterpoise along the floor. If that
works, you know it's the AX1 and not the rig. CQ WW CW is this weekend,
there will be people wall to wall on the bands, good time for testing.

--

Doug