I will add, the Elecraft tuners can tune almost anything. When you do a tune (Don's last step below), if the relays click for a long time before settling into a not-super-good solution, that is a symptom of no antenna, or a short circuit in place of an antenna. If you are on the same band as the setting on the AX1, tuning should be fairly quick.

73 Bill AE6JV