I use and suggest Meinberg; which can replace the Windows NTP service.  It's free and keeps my computers within .03 seconds to standard (on very slow Internet) without requiring high overhead (it just works and well).

73,
Rick NK7I

On 12/1/2020 1:09 PM, Rich NE1EE wrote:
On 2020-12-01 12:13:-0800, Jim Brown wrote:
On 12/1/2020 6:01 AM, Rich NE1EE wrote:
What is the sync time tolerance?
1 sec is OK, 2 sec will lose a lot of QSOs. I've used this free app for ten
years. Painless to install, runs in the background.
http://www.timesynctool.com/

73, Jim K9YC
I think that I used to use that. It sure looks familiar. But I now use routines
that are already a part of Windows. I just change the time sync period from the
default of 1 week to 1 day. It could be set to hourly, and that would keep the
sync time (theoretically) below 0.5s. Not trying to sell Windows, but don't see
adding to what is already there.

~R~
72/73 de Rich NE1EE
The Dusty Key