Michael,

Others have given you good suggestions, but ...

In most cases, you can simply leave the nut off - the BNC is securely
soldered to the RF Board and the rear panel is securely fastened with its
screws.  The only thing the nut accomplishes is to cover the gap between the
rear panel and the BNC body.

73,
Don W3FPR