I would worry about condensation. I live in New England. New England is the only part of the country except for the coastline in WA, where there is a positive water budget typically. In other words, more rain falls than is evaporated or used up.  My ham shack is 1/2 mile from my house and was unheated. It was hard on the equipment.  Very hot wx was not a problem but cold temps and then the arrival of warmer and moist air would produce water droplets all over the gear.  Transformers would stay very cold and the water would drip off of them when the temps warmed a little bit.  Anything that used high voltage was subject to explosions if you were foolhardy to turn them on. It was all due to the water.

What I did was install a propane heater with a special thermostat that allowed operation down to 32 degrees. I set the temp to around 40 F.  That keeps most of the condensation at bay. I also put in a solar heater on a south facing outside wall, and it pumps warmer air inside if the Sun is out. On a sunny winter day in January it will be 50 degrees in the room during the day. I have had no trouble with this setup. I am just about through with my 1st 100 lb propane tank and January is just about finished, so the cost is not too bad. You must use a vented propane heater. The unvented ones, or portable K1 space heaters like Kerosuns etc all produce water vapor and are no good for what we want.   Maybe in a desert climate things will be different, but that is what works for me.

I have an unheated room as well, but only keep rugged stuff there in winter. Homebrew KW amps etc seem to do OK. I would never leave a KX anything there however. Been there. Done that!

K1WHS