I think what's getting overlooked in many of the replies is the effect of the repeated expansion/contraction cycles of daily operation on the equipment. I'm not discounting the comments about moisture, but this is how we get socketed components slowly working their way out. You might want to open things up occasionally and make sure things are still seated, cables still fully connected etc. This will happen much more frequently in cold winters than in warm summers.

73, Dennis NJ6G