This makes very little sense to me.  I can't see there being any way Elecraft could justify the risk and hassle of renting out their equipment.  Ask yourself this ... do you think you could make money buying a K4 and then renting it to other random hams you don't know?  Would you be willing to take that kind of risk?  Think of the time it would take on your part to administer it.

I suppose, given the purported remote capability of the K4 using a free app (as opposed to a piece of dedicated hardware), somebody might be willing to offer remote access to a K4 in exchange for a modest fee.  In my opinion, if the K4 is as remotable as claimed then it should be mostly possible to evaluate it that way.   Even then I suspect that Elecraft wouldn't want the hassle of offering that ... maybe somebody else would.

Dave   AB7E