Using FT8 with the KX3 is pretty simple.  I've used it with both the
standard USB and USB DATA A mode.  Hook it up just like any other digital
mode, adjust the volume on the rig and level out on the PC, look at the
meter settings in the software and make contacts.

Don't make it more complicated than it is - try it, adjust, and have fun.

--
Owner, worldwidedx.com
AE6LX, Amateur Radio