They are very short on specs. I expect it just contains a couple
resistors of unknown value. They are expensive if that is all they
contain. The concern I might have is the attenuation depends on the
impedance of the headphones. Since your headphones are already
unusual, it might be that their impedance is unusual also and you may
not get the expected results.

I don't see why variable ones that have two ganged potentiometers
should have stereo balance issues, assuming they choose potentiometers
with matched resistance curves. Adding resistors does reduce the
damping, so the sound will not be as good, but for communication audio
that is not too critical. There are multiple volume control adapters
for between $6 and $10. I might certainly try those to see if they
work. If they have balance issues, return them. If not, they are more
likely to provide the right amount of volume reduction. Really good
ones might have variable transformers. I haven't researched this type
of product much though.

73,

Mark
W7MLG