The earphones are 22 ohms -- they're tiny.

My concern with the ganged one is the tolerance on the matching between the
two channels -- especially at low volume levels, it only takes a little
difference to sound off, and I'm likely to be using them at a lower volume
level.

I'll see what else I can find -- maybe there's a cheaper fixed one, or an
affordable variable one that has good reviews.

73,

Julie