Hi all,
 I too find a lower pitch better as I get older.  However, for me,
weighting is >the< factor in ease of copy.  Some fists I struggle to copy
at 15 WPM, but when the weighting is just "right", whole words just pop
into my head at most any speed up to ~30 WPM.
 I have analyzed with a CPO what meets that criteria, and have concluded
that significantly longer dahs, and shorter spaces between characters is
what is "right".  I'm sure my "right" is likely to sound like an
abomination to some others......I'd love to know more about what is going
on in my head vs others under these conditions.  "CW and the brain" would
make a great thesis in my view.

Bob  WB0POQ